Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Chopped Greek Salad


I have been living on salad lately. It got hot and humid in Connecticut.  Oven use and really anything that takes lots of effort is just not going to happen.  

I have been making a salad mix on Sunday and then having it for lunch all week long.  Genius I tell you.  Prepping on Sunday and packing it into single serving containers makes for the easiest no thought grab and go lunch ever. And it is delicious. 


This chopped Greek salad was a snap to put together. A can of garbanzo beans and a handful of your favorite chopped veggies - cucumbers, tomatoes, and some peppers. And I don't know about you but I cannot call something Greek without some feta cheese. 


Toss it all together and stir in the dressing.  Yum, yum and yum. No lettuce means no worrying about wilting greens. I enjoyed this salad served just like this or also as a topping for greens later in the week. 


The dressing is just enough to bring all of the flavors together but not overwhelming in and of itself. 

My only problem is that Mr. J will not eat garbanzo beans.  So this salad left all for me. I guess this might not be such a problem after all.  

Chopped Greek Salad

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: raw salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 hothouse cucumber
  • 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes
  • 1 large red bell pepper
  • 1 small red onion
  • 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup feta crumbles
For the Dressing:
  • 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Instructions
Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss to combine.
Can eat immediately or refrigerate to let flavors combine. Stir before serving.
Powered by Recipage

6 comments:

  1. Your chopped version is so vibrant and beautiful!!! I'd love a big bowlful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect salad to me - love all the ingredients! Great flavour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This greek salad looks so addictive :D
    Great colour!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, yum. I need to make this, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've also been doing salads. I love making a big batch and then nibbling on it throughout the week. We'll be trying this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my house, we do something called "shredded salad", where we cut/slice/dice everything as thinly/small as possible, and then mix it all together with whatever kind of dressing or seasonings we each want. Since this Greek salad has Garbanzo beans (which I don't normally think to add to my salads), this should be an interesting twist!


    Visit my blog? http://cupcakechasers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...